WBW

Official cableski Ranking lists
senge

WBW

Post by senge »

Is there a place where i can see the current who-beats-who ranking list?

Best regards,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: WBW

Post by admin »

Not yet.
Sorry,
RL Admin
senge

Post by senge »

Is there a planed date of the going live?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

senge wrote:Is there a planed date of the going live?
There is a problem:
until now, I did received some data of 3 competitions in Germany, but not what I should have received.
So, I need more work to start the WBW with that, and did not take time to do it.

I hope to sort that out soon and published the "live" WBW within the next 10 days.
"Live" also implies that I receive the correct data right after the competition (within 2 or max. 3 days)... it is now not the case.

Regards,
RL Admin
senge

Post by senge »

Hi,

since I'm the head of the national cableski council of Germany, I can try to influence the way, Jury is uploading the result data in the future. So, if you want me to take care of it, just let me know what exactly do you expect to receive.

Robin
senge

Post by senge »

Hi,

great to see the wbw list online! Great job! Just another question: Is it possible to add the information about the competition coefficient and the technical level of the skiers group somewhere to the result/ranking/included competitions lists? This would serve a better transparency especially, in the beginning of the new who-beats-who list. I somehow have the feeling, there must be some kind of bug.

To give you an example from by jumping results:

For the competition 15NED01 I would expect a coefficient of 0.8, since it was international and RC-homologated. Furthermore, there where 8 people from the best 60 of last years ranking list which would count for a technical level of 0.24 in jumping. Then you get 0.24*0.8*1000 for the first place, which is 192,0 points. It was accounted for 147,00 points.

Another thing: Competitions like 15GER04C or 14GERC04 probably other too unfortunately seem to be overrated in comparison to others.

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Robin,

The calculation you saw was wrong.
I did put an updated WBW RL today.
I think (and hope !) it is correct.

I will improve that later this season to print the Coefficient and Technical level of each competition.

RL Admin
senge

Post by senge »

Hi,

thanks for the update. But I actually think, there must be another bug / misinterpretation.

Winning the 15NED01 jump competition gives me 800 points now. However, I guess the technical level discount factor is missing now.

Furthermore and difficult to see, 15NED01 and 15GER010 have been the same competition, just another calculation for a team overall. I guess, 15GER010 should not at all be counted for the ranking list. I don't know why it has been entered as two competitions, but maybe you can ask Marie-Anne. Probably some national specialty, that could otherwise not be calculated.

Greets,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

senge wrote:Hi,

thanks for the update. But I actually think, there must be another bug / misinterpretation.

Winning the 15NED01 jump competition gives me 800 points now. However, I guess the technical level discount factor is missing now.
No ! It is not missing: it is 1 ! because more than 4 skiers among best 15 are present.
This technical level table was actually set for classic tournaments (for testing purpose).
It may need to be adapted to cable... but in that case, it is ok: this competition had quite a few top skiers.
Furthermore and difficult to see, 15NED01 and 15GER010 have been the same competition, just another calculation for a team overall. I guess, 15GER010 should not at all be counted for the ranking list. I don't know why it has been entered as two competitions, but maybe you can ask Marie-Anne. Probably some national specialty, that could otherwise not be calculated.
Ok I didn't know that.
This is another problem. I will remove it.

RL Admin
senge

Post by senge »

ok great! you are right! I didn't check that carefully enough.

Robin