Clarification on rule §2.6 individual qualification

Official classic waterskiers Ranking lists
lebzec

Clarification on rule §2.6 individual qualification

Post by lebzec »

Reading rule from April 2013 I understand that a skier can individually register if he meets criteria of raning list.

in paralell I've hearded that only team selection will be considered this year, are the rules up to date and can a individual register to European Youth Junior Champion ship ? if yes how can he do it ?

Eric
admin
Site Admin

Re: Clarification on rule §2.6 individual qualification

Post by admin »

lebzec wrote:Reading rule from April 2013 I understand that a skier can individually register if he meets criteria of raning list.

in paralell I've hearded that only team selection will be considered this year, are the rules up to date and can a individual register to European Youth Junior Champion ship ? if yes how can he do it ?

Eric
I transmitted your question to the TC.

Regards,
RL Admin
lebzec

Post by lebzec »

Thanks
moz.candido

Post by moz.candido »

Dear Eric, I don't know where you take those rules interpretation, but I believe the rule is really clear, the only way to be entered to a Title event is trought the Federation.

2013 World rule state:
Rule 4 - TOURNAMENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
4.01: Team Selection
Each Federation which is affiliated with the IWWF shall have the right to select a team of skiers to represent their Federation in the World Championships. The team shall consist of a maximum of six skiers, with the further limitation that no team may have more than four men or four women.
Skiers not selected for their national teams may qualify to compete in the World Championships as individuals only in the relevant event(s) if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
1. World record holder. The performance must have been ratified by the Tournament Council and the President of the IWWF 30 days before the first day of the World Championships.
2. Top 6 of the previous year's World Cup Placements
3. Placed on the current year's May IWWF Ranking List per the Placement Eligibility Chart (Diagram 10)
4. Placed on the previous year's May IWWF Ranking List per the Placement Eligibility Chart (Diagram 10)
5. Placed on the Elite Ranking List 30 days before the World Championships per the Placement Eligibility Chart (Diagram 10)
6. Placed on the Elite Ranking List one year and 30 days before the World Championships per the Placement Eligibility Chart (Diagram 10)
7. Reigning World Champion in any event or the overall from the previously held World Championships.
All skiers qualified as individuals must be entered by their Federation.
Skiers entering as individuals shall not have their scores count toward team standings.
The Rankings List used shall be the most recently published list.

2013 E&A Add. Rule state:
2.6 INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIPS FEDERATION SKIER SELECTION
Each Federation which is affiliated with Europe & Africa shall have the right to select a team of skiers to represent their Federation in the Europe & Africa Individual Championships. The team shall consist of a maximum of six skiers, with the further limitation that no team may have more than four men or four women.
Skiers not selected for their national teams may qualify to compete in the Europe & Africa Individual Championships as individuals only in the relevant event(s) if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
1. Europe & Africa record holder. The performance must have been ratified by the Tournament Council 30 days before the first day of the Europe & Africa Championships.
2. Ranked on the Europe & Africa Ranking List in the top 8 in any event or ranked in the top 5 in overall. The Ranking List used shall be the most recently published list.
3. Reigning Europe & Africa Champion in any event or the overall from the previously held Europe & Africa Championships.
4. Reigning World Champion in any event or the overall from the previously held World Championships.
5. Additionally, in World Championships seasons (odd years) any Europe & Africa skier qualified to enter the World Championships through World Cup placement, the IWWF Ranking List placement or the IWWF Elite Ranking List placement may enter the Europe & Africa Championships.
For the non World Championships seasons (even years) Europe & Africa skiers placed in the top 6 skiers in any event from the previous year World Cup placements may be entered as individuals by their Federation.
For the non World Championships seasons (even years) Europe & Africa skiers placed in the top X skiers (as shown below) in the IWWF Ranking List latest issue (October 31st of previous season) may be entered as individuals by their Federation.

All skiers qualified as individuals must be entered by their Federation.
In effect Federations may enter up to 6 skiers of their choice (maximum of 4 of the same sex) plus any skiers who qualify as individuals under the conditions above.

The same rule apply to any age category championships.

Candido Moz